Thinking of Getting a Butt Lift?
What is a buttock augmentation? Buttock augmentation is a cosmetic surgical procedure ideal for anyone interested in improving the balance or shape of their body. Buttock (butt) augmentation is also commonly referred to as Gluteal Augmentation. The technique used at Nikko Cosmetic Surgery Center, where fat is transferred from one area of your body to your butt, is also known as Brazilian Butt Lift. This procedure is quickly gaining popularity not only in the Houston area, but worldwide as well. Some of the more common reasons that patients have for choosing a buttock augmentation include:
- Increasing the fullness and roundness of their buttock
- Increasing the projection and presence of their buttock
- Helping to achieve an “hourglass” figure
- Improving their self-image and self-confidence
- Correcting the appearance of loose or sagging buttocks due to weight-loss or aging
- Improving and enhancing the fit of swimwear and clothing
What is the process of a Buttock Augmentation?
Buttock augmentations achieve the best results when combined with either a fat-graft or fat-transfer. Dr. Nikko will help you understand which process would be best to help you achieve the look you want. Buttock augmentation is a common cosmetic surgical procedure. Some of the fat placed may initially be lost due to the body’s natural fat absorption process and that is normal. Results are typically visible within 4-6 weeks* following surgery but as with any procedure results can vary patient to patient. Buttock augmentation is an optional procedure not covered by insurance carriers. Patients will be financially responsible for any cosmetic procedures performed.
How is a Buttock Augmentation Surgery Performed?
Improving and/or enhancing your gluteal area involves the removal of stubborn fat from other areas of the body such as abdomen, hips, waist, lower back or elsewhere using liposuction. Patients have different areas where they may have excess fat and this is taken into consideration when choosing where to harvest the fat cells from. Ideally patients will be slightly over their optimal body weight before surgery, allowing for fat to be harvested; the fat is then processed and cleansed before being injected back into the body. Dr. Nikko prefers to perform gluteal enhancement using the body’s natural fat cells. He is one of the few cosmetic surgeons in Houston who performs the fat transfer using the advanced FAMI (Fat Auto Muscle Injection) technique. The buttock area can be lifted, enhanced, or enlarged using this method. The FAMI technique is minimally invasive and is one of Dr. Nikko’s favorites because of the dramatic and long-lasting results, and because it is safer to use your own fat instead of an implant.
What is the Recovery Process for a Buttock Augmentation?
- Immediately following your procedure in our Houston surgical center, you are likely to experience some soreness, numbness, and some light swelling and/or bruising. Your initial results from the procedure will be visible immediately.
- Over the next several days, patients are strongly advised to avoid sleeping on their back or sitting for long periods of time.
- Most patients are able to return to work and resume their normal activities fairly quickly but results may vary with any procedure. Patients with professions that require strenuous physical activity should allot extra time for the healing process.
Important things to know about recovering from your buttock augmentation procedure:
- Throughout your recovery process you should avoid strenuous physical activity, physical lifting, or sitting for long periods of time.
- You should consume plenty of water while recovering and as part of a healthy lifestyle.
- You can expect some very minor scarring from the procedure.
- Nikko is a cosmetic surgeon with over 15 years’ experience. He will personally guide you through your recovery helping you to understand when it is right for you to return to work and resume your normal activities.
What can I Expect from my Consultation with Dr. Nikko?
- Take the time to discuss your expectations and the predictable outcome of your buttock augmentation procedure.
- Explain what you can expect based on your body size, proportions, and type. Setting realistic goals from the beginning is important in determining how to proceed with your procedure.
- You will be shown “Before” and “After” photos of other actual clients of Dr. Nikko, and with your permission, “Before” pictures may be taken to document the change achieved from your procedure.
- During your consultation Dr. Nikko will also discuss with you the best place(s) on your body to source the fat necessary for the procedure.
- The staff will also help with any financing or scheduling questions/concerns (or something like that!)
If you’re feeling self-conscious about the shape, size, or appearance of your buttock region, click on the button to schedule your consultation with one of Houston’s leading cosmetic surgeons, Dr. Anthony Nikko, and take the first step in improving your look and attitude!