What are Stem Cells?
Stem cells are a class of cells that are able to generate all other specialized cells in your body. There are two types of stem cells in the body: adult stem cells, and embryonic stem cells. In cosmetic surgery procedures, only the adult stem cells are used to repair and rejuvenate diseased and/or damaged tissue. They can divide indefinitely, providing results for life. Adult stem cells are at the forefront of cosmetic surgery. They are continuously researched and studied to better understand how they may help to cure diseases and other medical conditions, as well as supplement the field of cosmetic surgery.
- Stem cells can be extremely beneficial to the fat grafting process; they tighten and rejuvenate the skin. Increasing the number of stem cells helps to provide additional oxygen and nutrients. This enhances the body’s ability to accept the transfer of the tissue, aiding in the healing and recovery process. Stem cells stimulate the growth of new blood cells providing nourishment for the fat. The result is a natural-looking and longer-lasting result.
- Most news coverage of stem cells is centered on the controversial embryonic stem cells, not the adult stem cells found naturally occurring in the body. Nikko uses only these adult stem cells to enhance fat-grafting and fat-transfer cosmetic surgery procedures.
How can I Enhance my Cosmetic Surgery with Stem Cells?
- Fat is removed from one area of the body (such as the abdominal area, lower back, or other unwanted fat deposits) using liposuction.
- Nikko then processes the fat, maximizing the number of healthy adult stem cells obtained.
- The fat is then transferred to the target area of the body.
Adult stem cells are naturally occurring cells created within your own body which enables the body to accept the fat-transfer more willingly leaving you with a healthy, youthful, and more natural-looking appearance.
What Procedures are Stem Cells used in?
Dr. Nikko has been using advanced and innovative cosmetic surgery techniques in Houston to help patients achieve beautiful bodies and healthy skin for over fifteen years. Removing the fat cells from one part of the body (the waist, thighs, or lower back for example) and using them to add volume to another area of the body has been a common and popular practice for some time. Enhancing this process using naturally-occurring adult stem cells is the absolute latest in surgical development. Stem cell enhanced fat-grafting can be used in cosmetic surgery procedures to counter the effects of aging in the face and other areas of the body including:
- Facial Rejuvenation
As we age, our faces naturally tend to lose* their once-youthful appearance. While you may have retained much of your youthful figure and attitude, you may notice that over time your face may take on the appearance of looking drawn, tired, or thinner than it used to. This is normal and is due primarily to a loss of volume in the face, coupled with a loss of skin elasticity. Together, this creates the appearance of sagging skin, deeper lines on the face, bulges, jowls, and similar problems. Dr. Nikko’s use of the stem cell fat-grafting technique provides an alternative to the traditional facelift, and other facial treatments, by correcting the loss of volume and allowing you to retain the natural appearance of your face. A stem cell facelift requires no cutting and can generally be performed using local anesthesia, giving you a faster and more-comfortable healing process.
- Buttock Augmentation
Improving the appearance of the buttocks using gluteal enhancement, also known as a Brazilian Butt Lift, is becoming an increasingly popular cosmetic surgery procedure in Houston, TX and around the world. This is another surgical process where stem cell-enhanced fat transfer can be extremely beneficial. Similar to the benefits of stem cell enhanced facial rejuvenation surgery, using adult stem cells in buttock augmentation procedures is an advancement over traditional procedures and can help you achieve the look you have always wanted.
- Other Areas
The benefit of stem cell fat-grafting and stem cell fat-transfer techniques are not limited to the face and buttocks. Depending on your personal goals, stem cell enhanced cosmetic surgery may be the right solution for you. During your consultation with Dr. Nikko at the Houston Nikko Cosmetic Surgery Center he will be happy to discuss all of the available options to help you obtain the look you want.
Advances in cosmetic procedures, such as stem cell fat grafting, provide safe and natural methods of performing facial rejuvenations, buttock augmentations, and other cosmetic procedures. If you would like to discuss more about the benefits of these procedures, contact us today to schedule your consultation.