Thinking of Getting a Breast Augmentation?
Dr. Nikko is a highly-rated cosmetic surgeon in Houston. Every year he performs hundreds of breast augmentation plastic surgery procedures using his scarless breast augmentation technique. Placing a high emphasis on proper placement of the implants and the location of incision sites, he helps the women of Houston achieve the look and shape of breasts they desire without any visible scarring.
Breast Augmentation Q&A
Dr Nikko answers questions about breast augmentation from real people posted online.
Saline vs. Silicone
Many patients ask what the difference is between saline and silicone. Both implants have a silicone outer-shell but they differ in material and consistency; both have their advantages. Dr. Nikko will help you understand which implant will best achieve your breast augmentation goal.
- Saline Implants:
Saline implants are silicone shells filled with a sterile, saltwater solution. They come pre-filled or can be filled after placement. They are usually selected to achieve a perkier and rounder look. If saline implants are filled after insertion the incision can be much smaller.
- Silicone Implants:
Silicone implants are pre-filled with a memory gel encased within a silicone shell. The consistency of silicone gel closely resembles natural breast tissue, often leaving them undetectable to the touch after they have been placed. Silicone gel is much less likely to have the rippling effect sometimes associated with saline implants. Because of this, silicone breast implants can be a better choice for women who are very thin or who need reconstructive breast surgery.
Breast Implant Shapes and Sizes
Breast implants come in many shapes and sizes. Dr. Nikko will explain these differences to you and show you examples of different breast implant sizes and implant shapes. During the consultation you will learn about each type of implant and how the various sizes and shapes could work for you.
What breast implant size is right for me?
Depending on your body type and personal goals, Dr. Nikko will help you choose which implant shape will achieve the breast shape and size that you desire. With over fifteen years’ experience in breast augmentation plastic surgery, Dr. Nikko is an expert in selecting the correct implant size for each patient. Using “before” and “after” photos, he can visualize your goals and will make a final decision with you on implant size the day of the surgery.
What is the Breast Augmentation Process?
- You will meet with Dr. Nikko at the Nikko Cosmetic Surgery Center in Houston. This is your opportunity to share your concerns and goals and ask questions , learn about your options and be able to make a more informed and confident decision on your procedure. He and his staff will ensure that all of your questions are answered. After meeting with Dr. Nikko a Patient Coordinator will review pricing details and financing options with you, and you will select a date for your procedure.
- Two weeks before your procedure Dr. Nikko will meet with you to explain what to expect before, during, and after surgery and how to prepare for it. You will have the opportunity to ask any lingering questions you have and discuss your final goals.
- Breast Augmentations are performed at the Nikko Cosmetic Surgery Center in Houston, Texas. All breast augmentations are performed under general anesthesia. Once you awaken from the anesthesia Dr. Nikko will prepare you for discharge.
- Nikko requests to see all patients 24 hours after their procedure to ensure that they are healing properly. One week after surgery any sutures or taping will be removed to avoid any visible scarring. Numerous visits for up to a year following surgery ensure that the results are beyond expectation; post-op visits are included at no extra cost.
Breast Augmentation Recovery
Breast augmentation is an outpatient plastic surgery procedure. As you recover you will be closely monitored before being released. Your post operative visits will also allow us to keep track of your progress and recovery. Soreness and swelling will be most pronounced during the first 24-48 hours and will subside after a few weeks. Dr. Nikko will recommend when you may resume exercise and normal activity. During your consultation Dr. Nikko will clearly outline the recovery process with you.
What are the Incision Site Options?
- Transaxillary incisions are made under the arm; the scar is hidden beneath the armpit crease avoiding any visible scars on the breast.
- Inframammary incisions are made under the breast fold and are hidden under the crease of the breast. This incision bypasses the milk ducts and women typically experience less difficulty breastfeeding after surgery.
- Periareolar incisions leave a visible scar around the areola and obstruct the milk conduits for breast feeding. Nikko seldom recommends this incision but if patients request it he will consider it.
Breast Implant Placement
Current breast size, tissue amount, body type, and exercise habits all factor in to breast implant placement. Dr. Nikko will make a decision for the individual patient based on their body type and their personal goals. Implants may be placed on top of, partially covered by, or completely covered by the pectoral muscles.
These photos are of actual Nikko Cosmetic Surgery Center patients who have provided their consent to display their pictures online. All photos contained in this website are protected by copyright and may not be copied, linked, or redistributed in any form.
Cosmetic breast enhancement or augmentation is one of the most frequently performed cosmetic procedures in the United States. The procedure is used to enlarge small or underdeveloped breasts and breasts that have decreased in size after a pregnancy. Breast augmentation can also be used as a reconstructive technique or to balance differences in breast size.