What is FAMI?
FAMI is an acronym commonly used to describe the process of Fat Autograft Muscle Injection. FAMI is a minimally-invasive fat-transfer procedure used to restore volume to the face. FAMI is used to rejuvenate areas of the face such as the:
By restoring the volume of these areas, FAMI helps bring a more youthful look to your face.
Is FAMI Right For Me?
How is Facial Volume Lost?
The loss of facial volume and the shrinkage of facial muscles are completely natural results of the aging process. Combining diet and exercise programs with this natural loss of volume can lead to a thinner-looking face and sunken facial features. This can leave you looking unhealthy and tired, even if you’re feeling well and full of energy. The goal of FAMI is to restore the volume in the muscles of your face that have become weak or deficient using your own, naturally-occurring fat.
How is the FAMI Procedure Performed?
Dr. Nikko is one of the few experts in Houston who performs the safe and advanced FAMI technique to revitalize and rejuvenate the face. FAMI procedures are minimally invasive outpatient procedures conducted using general or local anesthesia at the Nikko Cosmetic Surgery Center in Houston, Texas. During a FAMI procedure fat tissue is harvested from other parts of the body using Dr. Nikko’s liposuction technique, then centrifuged in order to make sure that the fat is perfectly clean and sterile before being injected and autografted into the vascular muscle bed using a specially designed tube (cannula).
What are the Benefits of FAMI?
- The FAMI technique provides genuine skin rejuvenation and revitalization without the risk of complications and without using any chemicals or fillers.
- By using your own fatty connective tissue, the risk of complication or allergic reaction is greatly reduced.
- The recovery process for a FAMI procedure is minimal, and with very minor bruising and swelling involved.
- The recovery period for a FAMI procedure is relatively short. FAMI patients can expect to resume their normal professional and social activities within time following their procedure with guidance and care from Dr. Nikko and the staff.
- Any bruising will have dissipated completely within just a few weeks and your recovery process will be complete.
Is FAMI right for me?
- Completely remove hollows or depressions in their face.
- Revitalize jowls that have resulted from facial fat being pulled downward by gravity.
- Remove the “skeleton” or sunken look from their cheek, chin, and eye areas.
- Revitalize and rejuvenate their facial appearance.
If you are suffering the effects of lost muscle volume in your face and you’re ready to look as young as you feel, schedule your free FAMI consultation with Houston Cosmetic Surgeon and skin expert Dr. Anthony Nikko today!