What is Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty, commonly referred to as a “nose job,” is a procedure designed to reshape your nose.
Patients come to Dr. Nikko to address:
- Nose proportion, size, width, profile, and tip.
- Nostril width, symmetry, size, and shape.
Not every patient chooses to have a rhinoplasty procedure for cosmetic reasons. Rhinoplasty can be performed to correct genetic or accidental structural issues in the nose, such as a deviated septum, in order to:
- Improve an obstructed airway.
- Adjust the nasal structure and produce a better alignment.
However, Dr. Nikko performs strictly cosmetic surgery of the nose to change the aesthetic features that you are unhappy with and not the structural issues you may suffer from. Dr. Anthony Nikko is one of Houston’s most popular cosmetic surgeons for rhinoplasty (nose job) procedures. He has been correcting the shape, size, and proportion of the nose for patients in Houston for over 15 years. If you are considering a rhinoplasty procedure contact the Nikko Cosmetic Surgery Center in Houston, Texas today and schedule your free consultation with Dr. Nikko.
Nikko Cosmetic Surgery Center
What is the Rhinoplasty Procedure?
During your consultation, Dr. Nikko will evaluate and examine your nose, discuss your personal goals for your nose job, and compare your expectations to the probable outcome of your procedure. He will explain the approach he would take, and how that would help achieve the look that you are looking for. He will thoroughly discuss your preparation process, what to expect during your procedure, and what to expect during the rhinoplasty recovery process. You will be shown “before” and “after” photos of actual patients of Dr. Nikko and with your consent, “before” pictures of your nose may be taken to document your nose job results. When your consultation is complete you can make an appointment for your rhinoplasty procedure with the staff at Dr. Nikko’s office
2: Your rhinoplasty procedure.
Rhinoplasties (nose jobs) are generally performed as outpatient procedures, meaning that you will be able to go home on the same day of your surgery. They are conducted with the use of general anesthesia. The length of your procedure and more particular instructions will be given during your Pre-operative appointment. Dr. Nikko and his staff will be helping you through the process and help in any way possible.
3: The rhinoplasty recovery process.
- You can expect to spend the first day after your surgery lying down with your head elevated. Most rhinoplasty patients are up and are mildly active within two days following their procedure.
- Typically, the nose and head will ache for a few days after your procedure. Your face will feel and appear slightly swollen. Discomfort will be alleviated with prescription medication prescribed by Dr. Nikko.
- Minor bleeding is common for the first few days after your surgery, along with some nasal stuffiness that could remain for up to several weeks. It is strongly recommended that you DO NOT blow your nose during the first week while the tissue is healing.
- Patients will usually wear a small splint over their nose to protect it and keep it stable for around 7-10 days.
- After about three days any swelling and bruising around the eyes will begin to subside and will disappear within two weeks. Cold compresses applied to the area will help reduce the swelling.
- After 10-12 days all dressings, splints, and sutures will have been removed and you can return to your normal activities.
- Strenuous activities and rubbing/bumping your nose should be avoided for several weeks until healing is complete. If you are not sure if you should begin strenuous activities yet Dr. Nikko will be happy to make a recommendation for you.
Cosmetic enhancement procedures are not covered by insurance carriers; patients are financially responsible for their rhinoplasty procedure and any other cosmetic procedure of their choosing. If you are considering a rhinoplasty contact the Nikko Cosmetic Surgery Center in Houston, Texas to schedule your free consultation with highly-rated Houston cosmetic surgeon Dr. Nikko.